Rule 1 for Paving an area.
Forget what your mate said.
- Unless your mate is a qualified builder or landscaper follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Let’s start at the very beginning.
- What do you want? The best designs come from some solid overall vision of what you want to achieve.
- Do you want a rustic look, a contemporary look or is it purely functional?
- What other elements do you need to tie it into, such as retaining walls, drainage, plants, water feature and the like?
- Physical factors include but are not limited to...
- Is it a difficult site to dig? What is the soil like?
- What is access like?
- Is there a load on the area?
- Where is the water going to go?
Why should you follow the manufacturer’s recommendations?
For a step by step how to check you the videos below.
- To be perfectly cynical, manufacturers make recommendations for fairly selfish reasons.
- They do not like complaints or litigation
- The recommendations work
- They get good results and good results are good for business
- Manufacturers are staffed by people and people generally do not like to see other people distressed or hurt.
- If something does go wrong and the wall is not made to the recommendations you “won’t have a leg to stand on”.